Ed Bilodeau

<< Back to Home

This weblog had moved: http://www.coolweblog.com/bilodeau/

# Notice (Oct 19/05): So ends my stay here on Blogger. This morning Google implemented an anti-spam 'feature' that forces me to answer a challenge phrase when I want to post to my own blog. No notice of the change, nothing. Worse is that it doesn't even work! I type the phrase, submit, "An error occured", post deleted. Damn you, Google. Chances are I will revive my blog somewhere else, sometime soon. I'll post the new coordinates here as soon as they become available. (BTW, I'm unable to post anything to my RSS stream, so I'd appreciate it if readers could spread the word and ask people to take a look at this notice)

Update (Oct 19/05, ~noon): After a frustrating few hours (and not just trying out alternatives to Blogger), I've decided that this is a good time to take a break from all this. A day? A week? Who knows. But I need to step away from it before I pass a heavy magnet over the whole mess.

Update 2: According to this post, the reason I'm seeing the CAPTCHA (challenge phrase) is that Blogger has classified my blog as spam. Thanks. User for five years and now I'm spam. I searched the Blogger site, but there is no mention of how to get the spam flag turned off. There is also no way of contacting anyone at Blogger. Wow. Spam they say I am, so spam I must be. Maybe it is time to take a break.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Daily Summary : Today was a good day. GSLIS was abuzz with new students starting their orientation, including Nathalie, who begins her MLIS degree this fall! :)

I spent the first hour of the day in the library, where I found a good book on the professions, Pavalko's Sociology of occupations and professions. He presents a conceptual model of the occupation-profession continuum that is based on earlier studies and research. From what I can tell, this is going to save me a fair amount of reading, at least at this stage of my research.

Having achieved that small victory, I headed back down to GSLIS and dropped in on the orientation session just in time to give the new students a 5-minute summary of my research. After that we broke for coffee, snacks, and socializing. I spent some time talking to Stephanie about the GSLIS speaker series, and with Erica about KMCoP. More general "How was your summer?" etc. Had a longer conversation with one of the profs and a few other students. All very good.

Back to the office for lunch. Advising was dead, thank god. Spent the time catching up on email and working on my slides for tomorrow night's lecture. They should be ready to post in the morning. Ah, I guess that will be the afternoon, since I won't be in the office until noon. Oh, well.

Nice quite evening, relaxing, a bit of TV, a bit of work. All good!