Ed Bilodeau

<< Back to Home

This weblog had moved: http://www.coolweblog.com/bilodeau/

# Notice (Oct 19/05): So ends my stay here on Blogger. This morning Google implemented an anti-spam 'feature' that forces me to answer a challenge phrase when I want to post to my own blog. No notice of the change, nothing. Worse is that it doesn't even work! I type the phrase, submit, "An error occured", post deleted. Damn you, Google. Chances are I will revive my blog somewhere else, sometime soon. I'll post the new coordinates here as soon as they become available. (BTW, I'm unable to post anything to my RSS stream, so I'd appreciate it if readers could spread the word and ask people to take a look at this notice)

Update (Oct 19/05, ~noon): After a frustrating few hours (and not just trying out alternatives to Blogger), I've decided that this is a good time to take a break from all this. A day? A week? Who knows. But I need to step away from it before I pass a heavy magnet over the whole mess.

Update 2: According to this post, the reason I'm seeing the CAPTCHA (challenge phrase) is that Blogger has classified my blog as spam. Thanks. User for five years and now I'm spam. I searched the Blogger site, but there is no mention of how to get the spam flag turned off. There is also no way of contacting anyone at Blogger. Wow. Spam they say I am, so spam I must be. Maybe it is time to take a break.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Update : Things are still fairly busy here, but in a mostly good way. I've finally started making some real progress on my paper on s/w engineering education. A month or so late, but better then never. My breakthrough was probably due to the lunch that I had this week with Erik van Bekkum. Our conversation brought up a lot of ideas for me, and led to a big "ah-ha" moment for my own research, which at the same time seemed to bring this paper into focus. Today I put together the first good outlines, so I feeling better about the possibility of getting the paper done for Dec 17.

In other news, I'm in the process of correcting my student's final projects. Those have to be done and the paperwork in by Thursday, so that will be a big priority for the coming week.

I'm also hoping to have some good work news to annouce this week, but I've been waiting for months for this 'something' to happen, so I'm not going to hold my breath!

And I want to put out Episode 2 of Fully Situated. I won't be able to spend anywhere near as much time as I did on Episode 1, so here to hoping that most of my time on Episode 1 was dealing with the learning curve, and that Episode 2 production will be much easier and quicker.

Comments:

This post made me realising that I have no idea where are you located... Erik is in NL, so wondering may be you are close as well...
 
I wish! :)

No, Erik was here in Montreal, and we took the opportunity to meet up.
 

Post a Comment



<< Back to Home