Ed Bilodeau

<< Back to Home

This weblog had moved: http://www.coolweblog.com/bilodeau/

# Notice (Oct 19/05): So ends my stay here on Blogger. This morning Google implemented an anti-spam 'feature' that forces me to answer a challenge phrase when I want to post to my own blog. No notice of the change, nothing. Worse is that it doesn't even work! I type the phrase, submit, "An error occured", post deleted. Damn you, Google. Chances are I will revive my blog somewhere else, sometime soon. I'll post the new coordinates here as soon as they become available. (BTW, I'm unable to post anything to my RSS stream, so I'd appreciate it if readers could spread the word and ask people to take a look at this notice)

Update (Oct 19/05, ~noon): After a frustrating few hours (and not just trying out alternatives to Blogger), I've decided that this is a good time to take a break from all this. A day? A week? Who knows. But I need to step away from it before I pass a heavy magnet over the whole mess.

Update 2: According to this post, the reason I'm seeing the CAPTCHA (challenge phrase) is that Blogger has classified my blog as spam. Thanks. User for five years and now I'm spam. I searched the Blogger site, but there is no mention of how to get the spam flag turned off. There is also no way of contacting anyone at Blogger. Wow. Spam they say I am, so spam I must be. Maybe it is time to take a break.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Our apartment building is in the news! : I'll give you the quick translation. Our apartment building is being converted into condos. The owners sell one of the apartments as a condo. However, that apartment is currently being rented by someone! No problem, say the owners. We'll move her to another apartment in the building. Ok, says the man buying the condo, and he goes ahead with the purchase.

Small problem: The person renting the apartment doesn't want to leave, nor is she under any obligation to do so! The guy who wants to move into in condo can't. Too bad for you, say the owners. Its your condo now.

The buyer says the notary who looked over the papers should have caught this problem. The notary says they had no way of knowing that the man wanted to live in the condo he was purchasing.

And landlords wonder why they have such a bad reputation? The notary should also be ashamed for providing such poor service. What good are they if they can't protect you from dangers like this one?

I'm not sorry we're moving.