Ed Bilodeau

<< Back to Home

This weblog had moved: http://www.coolweblog.com/bilodeau/

# Notice (Oct 19/05): So ends my stay here on Blogger. This morning Google implemented an anti-spam 'feature' that forces me to answer a challenge phrase when I want to post to my own blog. No notice of the change, nothing. Worse is that it doesn't even work! I type the phrase, submit, "An error occured", post deleted. Damn you, Google. Chances are I will revive my blog somewhere else, sometime soon. I'll post the new coordinates here as soon as they become available. (BTW, I'm unable to post anything to my RSS stream, so I'd appreciate it if readers could spread the word and ask people to take a look at this notice)

Update (Oct 19/05, ~noon): After a frustrating few hours (and not just trying out alternatives to Blogger), I've decided that this is a good time to take a break from all this. A day? A week? Who knows. But I need to step away from it before I pass a heavy magnet over the whole mess.

Update 2: According to this post, the reason I'm seeing the CAPTCHA (challenge phrase) is that Blogger has classified my blog as spam. Thanks. User for five years and now I'm spam. I searched the Blogger site, but there is no mention of how to get the spam flag turned off. There is also no way of contacting anyone at Blogger. Wow. Spam they say I am, so spam I must be. Maybe it is time to take a break.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Off for the weekend and to the IA Summit : Today has been very busy. Christina and Scott gave a great presentation as GSLIS, and the turnout was good as well. Definately some interest in IA there. I left feeling very glad that we made the effort to put it together.

I'll be at the IA Summit conference from Saturday through Monday, back in the office on Tuesday. I'm not bringing my laptop, although I will be taking (hopefully) copius notes and writing them up afterwards to make available on the web and as a presentation to whatever is interested at GSLIS. I'm looking forward to meeting folks I've only heard of online, without coming off as too much of a fanboy. :P

Anyway, expect light posting here until Tuesday at the earliest.