Ed Bilodeau

<< Back to Home

This weblog had moved: http://www.coolweblog.com/bilodeau/

# Notice (Oct 19/05): So ends my stay here on Blogger. This morning Google implemented an anti-spam 'feature' that forces me to answer a challenge phrase when I want to post to my own blog. No notice of the change, nothing. Worse is that it doesn't even work! I type the phrase, submit, "An error occured", post deleted. Damn you, Google. Chances are I will revive my blog somewhere else, sometime soon. I'll post the new coordinates here as soon as they become available. (BTW, I'm unable to post anything to my RSS stream, so I'd appreciate it if readers could spread the word and ask people to take a look at this notice)

Update (Oct 19/05, ~noon): After a frustrating few hours (and not just trying out alternatives to Blogger), I've decided that this is a good time to take a break from all this. A day? A week? Who knows. But I need to step away from it before I pass a heavy magnet over the whole mess.

Update 2: According to this post, the reason I'm seeing the CAPTCHA (challenge phrase) is that Blogger has classified my blog as spam. Thanks. User for five years and now I'm spam. I searched the Blogger site, but there is no mention of how to get the spam flag turned off. There is also no way of contacting anyone at Blogger. Wow. Spam they say I am, so spam I must be. Maybe it is time to take a break.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

25 bookmarks :
  1. More rights are wrong for webcasters
  2. Institute for Local Self-Reliance (ILSR)
  3. Best University Website Awards
  4. Keeping track of virtuous behaviour
  5. What do managers do and how big should my team be?
  6. The craftsman-to-manager paradox
  7. Battling Google, Microsoft Changes How It Builds Software
  8. Attensa
  9. The GNU GPL Is Here to Stay
  10. Welcome to Jackson Dodds.com
  11. Camp Jackson Dodds News
  12. Matthew Good
  13. Dan Bricklin Log
  14. Edge: SUMMER READING
  15. Examples of Instructional Materials on the Web
  16. The Psychology of Information, or Why We Don't Share Stuff
  17. Questioning RDF
  18. Clay Shirky's Viewpoints are Overrated
  19. Research-Based Web Design & Usability Guidelines
  20. Best of the Web Special Report and Survey Results
  21. Typetester – Compare fonts for the screen
  22. Faceted Classification
  23. Activating the Right Layout Mode Using the Doctype Declaration
  24. Color photos of the US 1939-1945
  25. How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?