Ed Bilodeau

<< Back to Home

This weblog had moved: http://www.coolweblog.com/bilodeau/

# Notice (Oct 19/05): So ends my stay here on Blogger. This morning Google implemented an anti-spam 'feature' that forces me to answer a challenge phrase when I want to post to my own blog. No notice of the change, nothing. Worse is that it doesn't even work! I type the phrase, submit, "An error occured", post deleted. Damn you, Google. Chances are I will revive my blog somewhere else, sometime soon. I'll post the new coordinates here as soon as they become available. (BTW, I'm unable to post anything to my RSS stream, so I'd appreciate it if readers could spread the word and ask people to take a look at this notice)

Update (Oct 19/05, ~noon): After a frustrating few hours (and not just trying out alternatives to Blogger), I've decided that this is a good time to take a break from all this. A day? A week? Who knows. But I need to step away from it before I pass a heavy magnet over the whole mess.

Update 2: According to this post, the reason I'm seeing the CAPTCHA (challenge phrase) is that Blogger has classified my blog as spam. Thanks. User for five years and now I'm spam. I searched the Blogger site, but there is no mention of how to get the spam flag turned off. There is also no way of contacting anyone at Blogger. Wow. Spam they say I am, so spam I must be. Maybe it is time to take a break.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Fall 2005 semester begins (for most) : Although school typically starts after labour day, this year it starts today. And I'm missing it.

Originally, tonight was to be my first lecture of the new semester, but I've had to cancel due to my continuing convalescence. I feel OK, but not ready to give a three-hour lecture. I'm off next week as well, so I'll have two lectures to make up. The old me would have grimaced at the thought, popped a few pain killers, and said, "let's get it over with." The new me? Not worth the risk. Relax. Heal. Everything in its own time.

My classes (i.e. the ones I am taking) are a different matter. They start next week, and I'm seriously considering attending. I don't think I could afford to fall behind one week, even if it is the first week of classes. But is that just the old me talking? I'll guess I'll see how I feel next Tuesday.

The beginning of the fall semester is my New Year's, truly a fresh start. By the end of August, the low-energy of summer usually has me chomping at the bit, ready to launch into my classes, my work, everything. This year I've had to hit the pause button, and being off campus has left me out of sync with the energy the students bring.

Although I'm enjoying my time off, I am starting to look forward to getting back on campus.